Blues Traveler is pleased to announce their 13th album Hurry Up & Hang Around — to make the record, the band decided to rent a house in Nashville to write and record with GRAMMY® Award-winning producer Matt Rollings. Rollings’ intense attention to detail unlocked a rich sonic spectrum as he challenged and pushed each member to excel without compromising or taking “no” for an answer.
“We were going through some changes as far as our infrastructure goes,” admits John Popper. “We parted ways with two different managers. No preparations had really been made, and it seemed like it might be too late to make new music. Between taking meetings, we were by ourselves writing in the garage every day of this Nashville house. That was pretty cool, because we felt like a garage band again. There was a spirit of survival. We had something to celebrate, so we really came together as a band.”
“Matt put it all on turbo boost, because he’s one of the finest producers we’ve ever worked with, period,” adds Popper. “He can bring out any sound he wants. He got takes out of me that I couldn’t ever get out of myself, and I’ve tried. However, he also let me be me. It’s one of the best production experiences we’ve ever had. It was an unexpected musical education.”
Hurry Up & Hang Around tracklisting:
1. Accelerated Nation
2. She Becomes My Way
3. The Touch She Has
4. When You Fall Down
5. The Wolf Is Bumpin’
6. Daddy Went A Giggin
7. Tangle Of Our Dreaming
8. More Than Truth
9. Prayer Upon The Wind
10. Miss Olympus
11. Phone Call From Leavenworth
12. Ode From The Aspect
If you pre-order the album through the band’s web store, you will receive a download of the new single “Accelerated Nation.” The download of “Accelerated Nation” will be available beginning July 6th at 9am PT/12pm ET. Purchasers of the album pre-order can log back in on July 6 th and through their account receive the download of the single.
Hurry Up & Hang Around will be available for pre-order via all digital service providers on July 6th .
The band will hit the road beginning July 4 th at Red Rocks in Morrison, CO and will continue through August to return again for a fall run in support of the album beginning in October.
Tickets on sale for the following shows this Friday, June 29.
Find ticket links here.
- Oct 12 – Montclair, NJ – The Welmont
- Oct 13 – Providence, RI – The Strand
- Oct 14 – Torrington, CT – Warner Theatre
- Oct 17 – Charleston, SC – Charleston Music Hall
- Oct 19 – Myrtle Beach, SC – House of Blues
- Oct 20 – Charlotte, NC – The Fillmore
- Oct 21 – Knoxville, TN – Tennessee Theatre
- Oct 23 – Savannah, GA – The Stage on Bay
- Oct 25 – Birmingham, AL – Iron City
- Oct 26 – Athens, GA – Georgia Theatre
- Oct 27 – Raleigh, NC – The Ritz
- Oct 31 – Columbus, OH – Newport Music Hall
- Nov 1 – Milwaukee, WI – Pabst Theatre
- Nov 2 – St. Louis, MO – The Pageant
- Nov 4 – Springfield, MO – Gillioz Theater
- Nov 6 – Tulsa, OK – Cains Ballroom
- Nov 8 – Dallas, TX – House of Blues
- Nov 9 – San Antonio, TX – The Aztec Theater
- Nov 10 – Houston, TX -House of Blues
- Nov 13 – Los Angeles, CA – Belasco
- Nov 15 – San Francisco, CA – Warfield
- Nov 17 – Seattle, WA – Neptune
- Nov 18 – Portland, OR – Crystal Ballroom